SUPPORTING ELECTRONICS, TECHNOLOGY & INDUSTRY ORGANISATION (SINGAPORE) or SETIO
The Supporting Electronics, Technology& Industry Organisation (Singapore) or SETIO is the key industry association representing the supporting electronics, technology and industry (with innovation concept and idea) and businesses in Singapore.
With the ongoing changing phases of electronics and the supporting sectors evolved into many new interesting areas such as a more integrated internet world with industry and direct customer, photonics, sensor and touch devices extensively use in the automotive, aerospace, rail systems, consumer electronics, IT and mobile devices for the business, government and daily lives. We are excited to have SETIO represents all important aspects of the supporting electronics, technology and related supporting services and industry. It covers manufacturers of industrial electronics and electrical, components and consumer electronics, technology, industry (innovation in nature) products or services.
Since its infancy on 24 December 2015, SETIO played an important role in promoting the industry not only within Singapore, but also within the international business community. This is achieved through its ongoing trade development efforts to help Singapore companies penetrating overseas markets and creating favorably position through bilateral business benefit with like-minded trade associations and overseas companies.
A presentation under the leadership of SETIO President (Mr. Alan Hia) was made at the CES 2016 (Consumer Electronics Show) about the detail of planning and organising of 21st World Electronics Forum (WEF) 2016 @ Singapore. At the same time, we will be hosting the CETI (Customer, Electronics, and Technology & Innovation) Asia Technology Investor Conference & Exhibition to be held at Singapore from 30th November to 2nd December 2016. We will showcase Singapore as the Nation of continuous technology and innovation. With that, we wish that the world can engage Singapore as a platform for them in those fields that we champion.
SETIO will be the leading trade association organising the 21st World Electronics Forum in Singapore for 2016 with the support from Secretariat of WEF and 14 international electronics trade associations, government agencies, private companies and business partners. Our aim is to gather more than 20 countries to participate in this important event and move our industry to the next stage of development and effectively generate more businesses and opportunities for our companies (MNCs and SMEs both inclusive).
The Partner to build business excellence for the supporting electronics, technology & industry in Singapore with focus on SMEs and new companies.
Nurturing industry partnership through collaboration and moving forward with business excellence and growth with both SMEs and major corporations in our Singapore industry & internationally.
- to promote the supporting electronics, technology & industry within Singapore and internationally;
- to represent the local supporting electronics, technology & industry in both local and international bodies, institutions and key associations;
- to exchange trade and technical information including information relating to advanced manufacturing, advances in technology, programs and products skills both locally as well as with counterpart in other countries;
- to study and develop advancing technology within the supporting electronics industry in Singapore;
- to examine and promote domestic and export markets for the supporting electronics, technology & industry in Singapore;
- to promote healthy competition through co-operation with the other electronics associations in the region.
- Trade Fairs and Investment Mission
- Industry collaboration and cooperation through forming alliances and working groups
- Connecting with Research & Development Institutes and Higher Technology Education Institutes for commercialization and technology exchange
- Talks & Seminars for related industry and partners
- Business Information Exchange locally and internationally
- Connection SMEs and MNCs locally and internationally
- Regular Business Matching sessions
- Promote Corporate Social Responsibility and work life balance.
- Helping new start-up through conducting business activities, connecting with agencies and VCs/ technology investors and bankers.